Re: some outstanding issues

la djan cusku di'e

> > 2- A rafsi for {jai}.  Since all SE have rafsi, and {jai} is very much
> >    like a SE, I think it could use one too. jaz seems to be available.
>
> I suspect this is not useful for "jai" followed by BAI or tense, as no BAI
> has a rafsi (use the gismu) and only a few tenses.  For "jai" standing alone,
> there may be a case.

Yes, I was mainly thinking of its standalone uses, things like:

jazbai  (jai bapli)     x1(agent) forces x2 to happen by force x3
jazjde  (jai kajde)     x1(agent) warns x2 of x3 by action x4
jazyxai (jai xrani)     x1(agent) injures x2 ... by action x5
jazyzdi (jai zdile)     x1(agent) amuses x2 ... by action x4

and many other selbri that have causative events in x1 but usually
make sense with an agent there. {-gau} is not very good for this
because it leaves the causative event in x2, and often that's
not the best order.

Of course, it is not always necessary to make a lujvo, it is enough
to use jai by itself, but the same is true of the SE cmavo.

Jorge