Re: cmavo hit-list

la djan cusku di'e

> > For example, if someone says {mi jinvi le du'u ba carvi}, then is
> > {mi tugni la'e di'u} a good response? Am I agreeing that it will rain,
> > or that the first speaker thinks so?
>
> The latter, alas.  But you can say "mi go'i" instead (or "mi go'ira'o" in
> more complex cases where the speaker appears at both levels of abstraction.

Yes, or I could just say "ie". But sometimes it's necessary to refer
to a part of a bridi. If I wanted to respond "do you think that is good
or bad?", I couldn't use {la'e di'u} for "that".

Since {di'u} is vague anyway, it doesn't refer to the last bridi, but
the last "utterance", I think it would be better to allow partial
things like "le du'u ba carvi" to be possible referents of {la'e di'u}.
I don't think that introduces much more vagueness than what di'u already
has, and makes it easier to say things like "this" or "that" when
referring to utterances.

Jorge