Re: quantifiers and "Any"

> Do the changes in "lo" semantics have any effect on the "goats legs" question
> that was over discussed in the past?  Are references to vo tuple opaque, or
> whatever other abstruse terminolgy applies to make the issue complicated?
> Is there any grounds under which one can say that "lo kanba" has "ci tuple"
> barring a goat amputee?  Can you talk about 3 legs of a goat using lo or
> quantifier+selbri?

I think that "lo" semantics haven't changed in simple cases like the goat's
legs, since there is no question of an opaque context.  We have changed only
the notion that "lo broda" might refer even if there are no brodas, and
recognized that we need more machinery to handle "I want a unicorn" correctly.
Exactly what machinery is needed is the topic of the current debate.

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.