Re: cmavo hit-list

>la lojbab cusku di'e
>
>> I would not use "du'u" in a bridi based on "senva".  We don't dream about
>> the facts of a matter - rather we free-associate around ideas.  If your
>> thinking is logical, and the truth/reality of each bridi is important, then
>> "du'u" is the word of cjhoice.  When you think about something, and the
>> importance is the concept, and not whether it is, or even could be, true
>> or real, then "si'o" is the preferred word.
>
>So, I would have to use si'o for senva, pensi, xanri, etc and du'u for
>djuno, krici, jinvi?  Is there any case where depending on which one
>I use the meaning changes, or is it just that si'o goes with some selbri
>and du'u with others?

I think you could use "du'u" in any of those you listed for "si'o" with different semantics.  (And gave the example of one meaning astronomer,the other meaning
psychologist - though I would think (natural) philosopher more appropriate
to the si'o version.

One other distinction came to me - the implied valuies of elliptical places
is different.  IN the case of "du'u" abstractions, one would expect that
all ellipsized zo'e places are more or less specific, whereas, with si'o
abstractions, zo'e places are more or less opaque.

Thus le/lo du'u klama referes to specific bridi relations reflecting events
of going.  These goings could be evaluated individually for whether they
are true/false.

le/lo si'o klama to me would bring to mind the sensation/imagination of
"going" without focussing clearly on who/what is going,or desitnations, routes,
or means.  I mentioned dreams and thoughts because OFTEN (not always) when we
dream or think, we focus on the relationship, and not on specific or quasi-
specific instances of the relationship.

Is this making any sense, especially since I may have used the buzzwords of
the issue incorrectly %^).

lojbab