Re: Abstraction paper

Hu'tegh! nuq ja' Logical Language Group jay'?

=> I definitely posted the standard tests for Aktionsart on the list. Check
=> around October last year; a string search on Aktionsart, accomplishment,
=> Dowty, or 'stopped' should retrieve the file in question.
=Assuming that by "tests" you mean "texts", I realize you did.  However,
=I don't have access to good (read: university) libraries, and you do.
=Just part of life in the Real World, I'm afraid.

No, I meant 'tests', as in 'test for whether this predication is a state or
not'. All the info you should require should be in the aforementioned
posting, in fact. (Or at least, anything I'd be likely to summarise from
Dowty's text, in any case).

No access to uni libraries? Bad John :) .

--
Nick Nicholas. Linguistics, University of Melbourne.   nsn@krang.vis.mu.oz.au
        nsn@mundil.cs.mu.oz.au      nick_nicholas@muwayf.unimelb.edu.au
            AND MOVING SOON TO: nnich@speech.language.unimelb.edu.au