Re: RV: na'e entails na?

Geoff:
> > For example, everyone is either citizen of France or citizen of
> > some other country. [NB INCLUSIVE OR] I want to describe
> > the latter group as "na`e fraso zei selgugde" [I'm taking x1 of
> > selgugde to be a citizen]. But since for example someone can be a
> > citizen of both France and Britain, "na`e fraso zei selgugde"
> > would not work if it entails "na fraso zei selgugde". "na fraso
> > ..." gives me everyone who isn't French, whereas I want
> > everyone who is a citizen of a country other than France.
> > For that I would like to use "na`e fraso", but will not be
> > able to if everyone bar me gets their way!
>
> Why not just use "drata"? Surely examples like this are part of what it's
> meant for.

Maybe: try to convince me. Suppose a couple are lying in bed
discussing what kind of hankypanky they want to get up to,
e.g. (a) spondoogling, (b) frothspeasing, (c) urxing, or [INC OR]
(d) suppigulation. One says to the other "I would very much
enjoy that you na`e suppigulate me", which would mean
"I would enjoy that you spondoogle me and I would enjoy that
you frothspease me and I would enjoy that you urx me".
Now presumably you are proposing that one should say "I would
very much enjoy that you drata suppigulate me", but you will
surely concede that this tanru is susceptible to a far greater
variety of interpretations than the na`e version would be.

Therefore if this is your suggestion, I don't find it very
satisfactory.

--And