Spams

Graeme's right about it getting worse. I unsubscribed from several other
lists because there were more spams than content!

One solution would be to morph into a newsgroup format where junk is
filtered out, but then someone will have to serve as editor, and turnaround
will slow down. Another solution would be to make the list semi-closed,
where someone has to get permission first to post, but anyone can
subscribe. I don't really like that either, as it might inhibit posts from
prospective citizens of lojbanistan. Perhaps new posts could be set aside,
and posted only after review by an editor?

We probably ought to do something. I don't want to hear from any more
prospective Russian brides, atomic bomb plan salesmen, or sleazy estate
lawyers.

-Steven

Steven M. Belknap, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria

email: sbelknap@uic.edu
Voice: 309/671-3403
Fax:   309/671-8413