Re: Names

Veion quotes xorxes:

>> but I would prefer to use something other than {me'e}. I don't want
>> the predicate to mean "x1 is called 'Veijo'", but rather "x1 is Veijo".

My  thought:

fa du la'e la Veijo
x1 equals the referent of Veijo,  or:

da du la'e la Veijo,
this gets the existence claim with da, at least
one x exists, and it equals the referent of [the name, from la] Veijo,
or

ti dacti du la'e la Veijo,
this object is the referent of the name
Veijo.

mi du la'e la djer:
I am the referent of the name, djer.

Assuming mi means "I", that is. pc mentioned that it only means that by
convention, not definition.  Sometimes the main Whorfian effect I get
from lojban is frustration at not being able to say what I want, as
apparently xorxes does in this example.

I'm not sure these say what xorxes wants, but there should be a way.

djer