Re: fractionators

John:
> > Why do we need default fractionators for (a) lei, & (b) loi?
> > Can we not make them unspecified, rather than default?
>
> "pisu'o" is about as close to an unspecified value as you can get:
> "some part, more than none, of the whole".  It could mean 1% or 99%,

or 100%, I take it.

> the only excluded value is 0%.  So although formally the fractionator
> is default, in practice it might as well be unspecified.

OK. Why, then, do we need fractionators at all? We don't have them
with le or lo, do we? "vi viska lo/le prenu" does propel us into
long discussions about how much of the person or how much of
each of the people I saw.

A mass is a singularity: why not treat it like other singulars,
e.g. "pa lo"?

I don't see why we have to say anything about 'fractionators'
at all.

---
And