Re: plural

Lojbab:
> The baseball team of 9 men scored a run.
> lei so prenu [scored a run].
>
> But only one person crossed home plate, and at most 4 players were involved in
> getting that person to score the run (barring oddities like sacrifice flies
> and the like). So piro would be VERY misleading at the least.

This is daft. There is one mass - one team - it scored a run, and its
score increases, it edges closer to victory, etc. Which parts of the
mass were more or less involved than which other parts is not terribly
important. If we say "le pa prenu [scored a run]" we don't ask "which
part of the prenu? the arms? the legs? was the pancreas involved? ah
but the *teeth* had nothing to do with it".

Think of a mass as one individual.

---
And