Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 19:40:53 -0400
From: Logical Language Group <lojbab>
To: jorge@PHYAST.PITT.EDU
Subject: Re:  Old and new
Cc: lojbab

No I am not saying that slabu means tolcitno, I am saying that both words can
be cglossed as "old" meaning similar things.

"other than young" - we would typically interpret this kind of stilted
wording as implying "no'e" citno, which is indeed not "old" but "middle-aged".

I would have trouble with "nilci'o" and "niltordu", almost expecting a scale
the increases with decreasing age.  This is possibly but not necessarily
a purely English bias.  After all, if thge scale for "youth" measured
positively, then "tolcitno" would mean "embryonic", or even pre-existant.

I could ocme up with examples of "how old" meaning "how long have you had it"
but I am hurried to get off on my vacation.

lojbab