Re: Lojbanizing umlaut

I'm sorry, but I cannot continue this in Lojban, though I did read your
response.  It took me a half hour, not merely a minuite, to read and respond
to your last one, and I am spenidng upwards of 2 hrs/day on-line as it is.

This is clealry NOT justr a 'minute' realxing from the dictionarty.  Meanwhile
the dictionary continues to be delayed, since I don't even get to work on
Lojban some days - the on-line stuf and then the couple hours I spend
off-line reading netnews, jkust takes too much time.  And I havbe finally mailed
out the last of the 18 month backlog of orders (I found that a pile of orders
that I thought I mailed last fall, were sitting in a pile in the Florida room,
as yet unsent.  Good thing I cleaned up after LogFest this year!  30 people
who had been waiting for stuff for over a year may now get what they ordered
(So far, only 1 of the  peopl has responded, with a much deserved flame.)

I'm afraid that using the language is a luxury that I will not be able to
properly indulge in, save for  Tuesday nites and LogFests, untuil the books
are laid to rest.  I'll try to chip in once in a while, but I'm past my
limits right now.

No I don't think lo djacu can gasnu, i.e. be an agent.  Maybe I have some
funny ideas on 'agenthood', and we probably ought to get Nick's expert
opinion on just what types of things are considered to be 'agents' by linguists.

My doictionary tyalks about many kinds of causality - proximate cause, material
cause, final cause, formal cause, efficient cause, etc.  We oiught to be
able to map these formal terms of philosophy and linguistics to specfic
causal brivla
but no one has ever done so systematically (and indeed we may have more causals
than the formalists have names for these days).

If Nick hadn't already picked his thesis topic, I would recommend studying
linguistic reflections of causality. I find it fascinating (probably done to
death, of course).

(Even English responses take me a lot of time - this one took 15 mins.)

lojbab