newsgroup rather than mailing list

here's a rather technical question from someone with
too less time for learning lojban right now, but
with too much interest in the language to unscribe
the mailing list..

wouldn't it be reasonable to create a new network newsgroup
concerning lojban? (or is there such a forum already?)

as the group of lojbanists gets bigger and bigger,
the discussions in the mailing list seem to flood
private mailboxes (at least my own one). newsreader
programs are much better in handling growing forums like
this one, e.g. by giving the possibility to organize
discussion via splitting it up into several related
newsgroups concerning different subjects like
organization, practical language questions,
theoretical discussions, etc.

did you discuss this possibility already?

bye,
klaus

| Klaus Birken      | RUS, University of Stuttgart                  |
| Allmandring 30    | mail  :  birken@rus.uni-stuttgart.de          |
| D-70550 Stuttgart | voice :  (0049)-(0)-711-685-5812              |
| Germany           | fax   :  (0049)-(0)-711-6788363               |