Re: ciska bai tu'a zo bai

la kartyr. djim. cusku di'e

> I would like to believe that ga'i means that the speaker feels that the
> marked referent is of higher rank than the speaker (honorific), and
> ga'inai means that the speaker feels superior (abasement of the
> referent or elevation of the speaker).  So, while in my recent posting
> I said that the scale of ga'i should not be reversed, that judgement
> was in fact reversed.  Sorry for the flip-flop.

Okay.  But in fact "ga'i" means that the speaker is of higher rank than
the referent, just as ".ui" means that the speaker feels happy about the
referent.  So "ga'i" is indeed hauteur.  I like the suggestion of
"abasement" for "ga'inai".

> Dare I say it?  I don't see ci'a - cnita (below) assigned in the
> 6/13/94 cmavo list...

Try "ni'a".  It's a FAhA, like all directions, not a simple BAI.
"ci'a" used to be for "ciska", but it was found that cu'u/cusku and
fi'e/finti did the work better, since "le ciska" is not "the author"
but "the scribe".

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.