Re: cukta

la djer cusku di'e

>         The description of the x1 of cukta has been changed from "..not
> a physical object.." to "[a physical object or its analogue]".
>         I take it from this that I can say:
>
>         La djan benji le cukta mi NY mrilu
>         John transfers the book to me from NY by mail.

A correction on the grammar:

        la djan benji le cukta mi la nu,iork le xe mrilu

> and I need to say:
>         La djan benji le se cukta mi NY fonxa
>         John transfers the book to me from NY by modem.

again:

        la djan benji le se cukta mi la nu,iork le fonxa

>         Is this correct?

In both cases, John is transferring to you {le cukta}, as far as
I understand. They have different media {le xe cukta}, but both are
copies/materializations of a work, {le se cukta}, that doesn't have a
physical location because it is something abstract, something that is
one single thing, no matter how many copies in how many media.

> Also, what is the analogue of a physical
> object? Is it always physical? Or can it after all be the information
> contained in a wave, for example?

The electromagnetic waves are physical enough. I don't know if they
constitute a book during the process of transferral, because there's
not much you can do with them then, but they certainly are not the
work created by an author.

Jorge