I declare LogFest started!!!

Well , it is Friday the 15th, albeit 3am, and no one is expected to arrive till
afternoon, but what the heck.  LogFest is hereby started.  Actually I think
Jorge and Nick started it with their lively discussion, which will no doubt
continue locally.  (Nick, if you have a sample prototype dictionary definition
from A.W.'s book, it could be useful - I'm not going to try to track down a
copy today.)

I will note in passing that Lojban List has celebrated LogFest by topping the
100 subscriber level for the first time a ouple of days ago.  Now all we need
to do is get 90 of you to ask questions, raise comments, etc. %^)

I wanted to have the dictionary done by LogFest, and it isn't. though I will
have the first thing that can be called a draft dictionary within about 24
hours.  John C and I have been rather productive in the last week, trying to
turn Nick's lujvo list into a regular document for automatic processing,
and generating keywords indexes for the gismu list, the cmavo list, the
lujvo list, and Cloin Fine and Nora's  efforts at keywords for all of the
oblique places of the gismu.  These four lists seem likely to generate a good
15-20K English entries, and I will have an unweeded English-Lojban dictionary
within 24 hours.  (Boy is that list eclectic though, with a bunch of special
vocabularies embedded for sewing, role-playing games, and kinky sex).

THis is a LOT of text - the first 10K entries are a file around 2 Meg long.

I will be checking the list a couple of times a day for interesting ideas,
and will post some if I have time.  I will also be posting the latest plans
for IRC conversations.  Look for channel "Lojban".  I expect that we will
try at around 930AM EDT Saturday morning for the first effort, which
I think is 1330 UT, and probably acceptable for Veijo and Nick, who are
planning to particpate (Colin Fine has said that he will try to join us
on Sunday, and I will plan on the same time Sunday - 930AM EDT, at this
point, subject to change.

lojbab
----
lojbab                           Note new address:    lojbab@access.digex.net
           Ask me about the artificial language Loglan/Lojban.