Re: sumti categories

la kolin. pu cusku di'e

> > (What about na'ipei for the linguist's "?" (doubtful grammaticality)?
> > I'm not happy about it - I suspect we need a question word on the
> > jo'a/na'i dimension)

la xorxes. cusku di'e

> How about {na'icu'i}? (Or {jo'acu'i}, depending which side you favour.)

Well, it depends on what you want.  "na'ipei" signals a question: To what
degree is the following sentence pragmatically unacceptable?  "peina'i"
signals a related but different question: Is the following sentence
pragmatically unacceptable?

"na'icu'i", OTOH, affirms that the sentence is midway on the scale between
acceptable and unacceptable.  All these forms work equally well with "jo'a",
of course; "jo'a" and "na'i" represent the same scale, and are given
separate cmavo for reasons of compactness and avoidance of confusion
("na'inai" looks funny as an affirmation).

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.