Re: sumti categories

la kolin. cusku di'e

> I agree with you about 'plant' - but I suspect that such categories will
> be useful for machine checking and parsing - but not about Mass. I
> believe that mass/set/individual is one of the fundamental grammatical
> distinctions of Lojban, and is important even if it is comparatively
> rarely specified for a terbri.

I suspect that nothing is -mass, since any individual may be seen as a mass.
Most things are %mass, and some are +mass (notably gunme, casnu).

> For example, I am quite unsure as to the features of 'banxa'. Consider the
> feature +/- concrete.

Like Jorge, I believe that "banxa" is -concrete, and that the bank branch
is a "banxydinju".  This may be influenced because I work for, but not in,
a bank, and in fact think of the bank branches as rather peripheral parts
of the bank-entity.

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.