Re: planned languages archive

Dave Cortesi writes:
> I retrieved the lojban brochure in French, just for a kick. Unfortunately
> what I got is not usable.  There is a helpful note at the top of the file
> listing the PC character codes that were used for accented characters
> and how to get rid of them with a "tr" command.  Unfortunately those are
> no longer in the file: they appear to have been converted at some point
> by stripping their high bits.  What once was octal 202 now is ^B, etc.

Looked OK leaving here.  Somewhere in the path there is a 7-bit mailer,
probably SMTP.  I guess I should resend that file using TeX encodings,
but what the hey, it's an old version of the brochure anyhow.

> I also retrieved the only gismu list shown in the index. This turns out
> to be the '88 baseline version which we all know & love.  I had been
> hoping to find the latest revision, the one that contains 100-byte
> English renderings.  Will that be sent to the p-l server soon?

No.  It's nowhere near complete, and is a mixture of revised and unrevised.
Progress on it is very slow.  If anybody wants to volunteer and will
REALLY WORK on it (not just 2-3 words), let me know.  I'll be happy to
moderate an ad hoc committee on place structure revision.

> Finally, I had hoped to see the cmavo file sent out with the recent JL,
> but it wasn't visible in the index file.  I *really* want to get that
> so I can print it sorted by morpheme, not by cmavo (then maybe it will
> be of some use...)

This will be sent to p-l soon.

--
cowan@snark.thyrsus.com		...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan