Re: Comments about culture/religeon...

la korant. cusku di'e:
> cowan@snark.thrysus.com <Cowan> writes:
>
> I do not think that "xriso" should be a gismu, since it used most as a name,
> not the title that it originally was. "xrist." is sufficient. If you need the
> title, build it.

The keywords are, as often, misleading.  The intent of all the cultural
gismu are to be adjectives:  thus "xriso" is "Christian" and "budjo" is
"Buddhist", despite the keywords.  I agree that we don't need gismu for
"Christ" and "Buddha", which are definitely names:  "xrist.", "bud."

> "xebro" should also include the Jewish religeon as well as the culture, if
> Moslem does. I also consider "semto" to be redundant.

"xebro" covers the space of English "Jewish" (religion), "Hebrew" (language),
"Israelite" (historical group), and "Israeli" (modern state).

> I also think that the following place should be added to "cevni" :
>
> 	x1 is a diety/god of religeon x2 over sphere x3
>
> Sphere of influence being the primary way of classifying dieties in
> polytheistic pantheons.

Agreed.  The new place structures (still highly subject to revisions!) say:

	x1 is a/the god of people(s)/religion(s) x2 with dominion over x3

> I would also suggest that either as cultural gismu "Pagan" or as the following
> normal gismu be added:
>
> 	x1 is a pagan/polytheist/animist of reliegon x2 with rank/status x3

	What's wrong with "so'icevykri"?

> And to deal with another issue, we need the generic term:
>
> 	x1 is a native aboriginal of place/culture x2 from tribe x3
>
> This taking care of the Lapps, Native Americans, Eskimos, Ainu of Japan
> Australian Aboriginals, African native tribes, etc...

	"pavselkulnu"

--
cowan@snark.thyrsus.com		...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban