Comments about culture/religeon...

coi rodo

li'u

cowan@snark.thrysus.com <Cowan> writes:

> "jegvo" and "dadjo"
> Currently, these words (whose keywords are "Jehovah" and "Tao") are really
> cultural adjectives, meaning "x1 is Judeo-Christian-(Muslim), x1 is a
> God-believer" and "x1 is Taoist" respectively.  This is very useful in
> tanru, on a par with the other cultural gismu.

> However, it seems to me that there is a case for remaking them as normal
> gismu, using the full 6-language algorithm, for different concepts:

> x1 is God
> x1 is the Tao

Let me add my own comments.

I do not think that "xriso" should be a gismu, since it used most as a name,
not the title that it originally was. "xrist." is sufficient. If you need the
title, build it.

"xebro" should also include the Jewish religeon as well as the culture, if
Moslem does. I also consider "semto" to be redundant.

I agree that  "dadjo" should refer to the Tao, and I think that's what
the entry in the gismu lust says. I would expand the meaning to be:

	x1 is the Tao as practiced by x2 with characteristics x3

But I think that either "jegvo" stays, with the meaning listed:

	x1 is the supreme being of the Judeo-Christian-Muslim family
		specifically of religeon/faction x2

It already is a normal type of gismu, simply listed in the cultural section
by grouping, the same as "budjo" refers to the Budda, not Buddhism.
The latter should be expanded to:

	x1 is the Buddha/Boddhistva over sphere x2

Or more generically (for "xriso", "budjo" and "jegvo") :

	x1 is the supreme being of mono-theistic religeon x2
	x1 is an elightened one of religeon x2 over sphere x3

I also think that the following place should be added to "cevni" :

	x1 is a diety/god of religeon x2 over sphere x3

Sphere of influence being the primary way of classifying dieties in
polytheistic pantheons.

I would also suggest that either as cultural gismu "Pagan" or as the following
normal gismu be added:

	x1 is a pagan/polytheist/animist of reliegon x2 with rank/status x3

And to deal with another issue, we need the generic term:

	x1 is a native aboriginal of place/culture x2 from tribe x3

This taking care of the Lapps, Native Americans, Eskimos, Ainu of Japan
Australian Aboriginals, African native tribes, etc...

Just as a general note, between le'avla and cmene, most of the cultural
gismu can go away an be replaced by generics.

lu'u

co'o rodo

					la korant.