book orders

For people who don't read long messages, I will extract only the following
from my last message:

>Out of 133 subscribers
>to Lojban List, I got around 3 dozen responses to a specific request to
>respond EITHER positively or negatively with an indication of your plans
>regarding purchase of the book.  I'm hoping that there are more of you
>who haven't gotten around to responding, but I do not know how to get your
>attention - the announcement and the specific request came out on this list
>when there was no other traffic.  If only a quarter of the people on the list
>are actually reading the messages when traffic is low, I am not sure of the
>value of such a low volume list.
>
>(I will note that those responses and others have resulted in 95 promised
>book orders of which 47 have actually been confirmed and paid for.
>This is
>enough to warrant publishing the book, but is still quite disappointing
>given the number of subscribers to the list - and we will lose lots of money
>if the order count does not eventually creep up: break even point is close
>to 500 books sold).

If you have put off ordering, please don't forget.  If you have never
responded to the announcement, please do so, either positively or
negatively (see the Web page or ask me if you have not seen the
announcement).  If you can't pay for it now, telling us you plan to order
will still help us plan for your eventual purchase, and we can then remind
you in a couple of months when circumstances may have changed for you.

lojbab
----