Re: Lojban announce list

In a message dated 97-09-24 12:06:47 EDT, Matthew wrote:

<< I second And's proposal, and would add the suggestion that it might be an
 appropriate place to send thread summaries once the more active general list
 settles on a decision about some point (or agrees to disagree).  Discussions
 such as the current na'e one are difficult to follow even if you have some
 idea of what's under discussion and have received all the relevant messages
 (in roughly the right order); they must be incomprehensible to new joiners.
 A terminating post briefly summarising the point debated, the views put and
 the conclusions drawn would, I submit, be very useful.

I heartily agree that both And's proposal and Matthew's addition would be
very useful for people uninterested in the nitty-gritty discussions that seem
to go on here once in a while.  Further, this second list with summary notes
about discussions would be a big help for those of us who get lost in a
discussion, or who miss a bunch of the messages for one reason or another.

co'o. karis.