"lojbab"

Well, my last ckafybarja writing gave ONE explanation for "lojbab", albeit
mythological.

The real explanation is that when I called and left messages for Athelstan,
fellow Lojban worker, his roommates recorded the messages as from
"Lojban Bob" to tell them apart from the other "Bobs" that left messages.
This was shortened quickly to "Lojbob" and of course Lojbanized to "lojbab".
So many people called me by that name since Athelstan was the primary recruiter
of new people in those days, that the nickname stuck.

lojbab