Lojban book

Well it has been 9 days since the book announcement, and so far the response
is unfortunately underwhelming.  I haven't heard from even a small fraction
of Lojban List, and it is playing havoc with our planning (not to mention
my heart when I contemplate the size of the loan we have to pay off from
early sales.

At this point, I would like to hear from as many of you as possible reading
this list.  Please tell me if you a) plan to order the book b) plan NOT to
order the book (and if you can tell us why, we;d like to know), and c)
if you would be likely to use credit card for payment whenever you do order
the book.

The number of preorders will affect our print run.  We would have trouble
justifying 1500 books with the response so far.  The expected use or non use
of credit cards will affect our ability to afford to service credit cards -
we hgave to pay something like $600 the first year plus 3% of sales in order
to be able to process Visa nd MasterCard and Amex, and we cannot charge this
to the credit card customers like we have previously done.  If book sales and
 inparticular credit card book sales are not going to be high, we will nbeed to
find some other way, and do so before we spend that up-front money.

So please let me hear from you.  If you honestly don't know, that is a useful
answer too, because at least I know that you are reading the list.  With almost
150 subscribers, the handful of responses cannot be taken as representative.

lojbab
----