Re: Iain on quantifiers

And:
> Iain:
> > If your question is how to say it in Lojban, my preferred solution
> > at the moment would be an explicit {ro}
> >         ro ci nanmu cu rapypencu ro ci gerku
> > which would be equivalent to
> >         ro lo ci lo nanmu cu rapypencu ro lo ci lo gerku
>
> I think that in the current state of the language these aren't
> equivalent. {ro ci nanmu cu pencu ro ci gerku} means "every man
> pats every dog, & the cardinality of the set of all men is
> 3 and the c. of the set of all dogs is 3". But I'll be pleased
> if I'm mistaken on this point.

I think you are right. If I recall correctly, the relevant grammar
paper defines roci as ro=ci, but I agree that Iain's suggestion
looks much more useful.

That would give, in prenex notation:

ro ci da poi nanmu ku ro ci de poi gerku zo'u da de satre

which gives the coordinate reading if we agree that non-outermost
quantifiers have maximum scope.

Jorge