Why Lojban?

    A couple of months ago I lurked on the Lojban List for a while and
have just re-subscribed.  I am a neighbor of lojbab, and I hope to make
his acquaintance in the near future.

    Of course, this is an old question, so if you prefer please feel free
to respond by email rather than filling up others' mailboxes.  Why
lojban?  Why be interested in lojban at all?  Is it more than a
plaything?  Does anyone have any intention of it ever being a practical
international auxiliary language?

Regards,
Paul
Paul O. Bartlett         <pobart@access.digex.net>
P. O. Box 857     Vienna, VA 22183-0857     U.S.A.
Finger, keyserver, or email for PGP 2.6 public key