Re: tense conversions

coi bab.

Thanks for all the info... I'm glad you explained some of the philosophy
behind the language design; it makes more sense to me now, especially
since I've recently spoken with Jeff about the fact that tense may not be
as important in other languages as it is in English.  Interesting.

You make a good point about having to be careful not to give the wrong
impression to beginning students.  Optimally, though, some balance between
over-simplification and over-explanation has to be made.

Earlier you mentioned that vocabulary learning is hard to encourage in
students.  I was thinking that lessons which revolve around a theme would
be helpful.  What about "Lojban for Mathematicians" or "Lojban for
Lovers" or "Lojban for Geographers" as titles for documents which would
introduce sets of related words?  Just a thought.

co'o mi'e pitr.                                 plschuerman@ucdavis.edu