Re: direction, dimension

In message  <9509220924.aa13460@punt-3.mail.demon.net>
jorge@phyast.pitt.edu writes:

> Yes, well, what are the two dimensions of a circle, for example?
> I could understand a gismu that meant "x1 is x2-dimensional", but
> I don't think that it makes any sense to say that there are exactly
> two (or three) things that are the dimensions of some object.
> Could you list those two or three things for a given object?

Given

cimde              dimension                                 x1 (property - ka)
 is a dimension of space/object x2 according to rules/model x3
 al   0    (cf. morna, ckilu, merli, manri)
clani     cla      long                                      x1 is long in
 dimension/direction x2 (default longest dimension) by measurement standard x3
    9b  90    (cf. slabu, condi, ganra, rotsu, tordu, barda, ganra, gutci,
 minli, rotsu)

perhaps they are things like {lo ka [se] clani/ganra/condi}.
--
Iain Alexander                    ia@stryx.demon.co.uk
                    I.Alexander@bra0125.wins.icl.co.uk