Re: CONLANG: Vorlin causatives

At 09:08 PM 9/17/95 -0400, hrick@gate.net wrote:

>As you'll recall from our previous episode, I created an infix, -ok-,
>which could be inserted into a transitive verb in order to create a
>causative verb; I thought the "causee" could be tagged by the indirect
>object tag _ge_ as in << li vidoko buk ge zi >>, "he caused her to see
>the book."

Eklektu handles this problem by using the particle "lu" for the subject of a
causative verb.  The other particles are left alone:

she saw the book:  ha ta vid o cu (ha vid u ta o cu)
he caused her to see the book:  ha talu ta vidin o cu (ha vidin lu ta u ta o cu)

(Eklektu does not normally distinguish "he" and "she".)