Re: .i zo frica zo drata cu frica ma

> Hi,
>     Can anyone tell me the semantic difference between "frica" and "drata" -
> there two seem to mean the same thing to me.

I think they are the same too. One can make an artificial distinction, in
saying for example that two things can be "other" without being "different",
for example two identical objects. But it is all a matter of degree, after
all, two identical objects will at least be different in position, or
something like that, otherwise how do we know they are "other". From that
perspective, it would seem that {drata} is a more absolute or intrinsic
relationship, and {frica} a more relative and subjective one. In other
words, you could disagree with someone on how different two things are,
but you would agree that they are either other or one and the same thing.
But I don't know. The same goes for their opposites {dunli} and {mintu}.

Jorge