orwell

Larrissa:
> please translate your response. and which *is* the correct
> phrasing for "all men are created equal"..and "...but some
> are more equal than others."

Nick's
  .i ro prenu cu simjikydunli .iku'i su'o prenu cu zmadu
   su'o drata prenu leka simdunli
means "Every person is mutually-socially-equal, but some people
exceeed some other people with respect to mutual-equality".

My
  suo bua cei prenu zou ro bua ro bua jukydunli
  ije kui nui suo da poi bua suo de poi bua nuu
  jukydunli mau nui de da nuu
means (or would have if I had got it right) "Everyone is
socially-equal to everyone, but the extent to which each
of some people, X, is socially-equal to each of some
people, Y, is less than the extent to which Y is socially-equal
to X". [It actually says "spidery-equal", but that's a typo.]

Nick's is pithier, but leaves more to context than mine, which
also, I hope, conveys the logical illogicality, or the illogical
logicality of the original.

Xorxes:
> i di'u mi mutce cfipu  i pe'i na gendra

eo ko gendragau i mi djica loeduu mi pilno lae zoi za termsets za
pio la kolin

> i mi stidi lu
>        piro loi prenu cu jikydunsi'u
>        i ku'i pisu'o ri zmadu loi drata le ka go'i
> li'u

Which means "The whole of persondom is mutually socially-equal,
but some of it is more mutually socially-equal than something
else is".

And