IRC/LogFest

Well, we hhad a great IRC session tonight, albeit one wwwith some odd
occurances.  A short way into the session, something happened to
the IRC net, and large portions of the net lost connectivity.
My account on digex, and Chhriss Bogart's account on netcom, even though
we were in the same room, were connected to independent, non-talking,
IRC subnets, and neither of us were talking to the Europeans.  A minute
later, we also lost Sylvia Rutiser in Detroit, eitherr because she lost
connectivitty, or signed out because no one was talking.

We stuck with it and several minutes later we started talking to each other
here in the US, and shortly thereafter, to MOST of the Europeans.  But the
final state was somethhing that people seemed to think was impossible:
Nick Nichholas and Coliin Fine iin the UK were receiving and communicating
with Goran Topic's IRC server, and also withh our two servers in the US,
but we in the US could not "see" Goran, even though he saw all of our writings.

The discussion then evolved in a religious zo'o direction, as the invisible
Goran - well: read about it in the Lojban logs when I post them.  It'll

be worth it.

For a while we had 6 active Lojban conversers on IRC typing away at once
(the actual people here at Logfest were far more than 2, but only 2 at a time).
Itt was great.

I hope wwe see a few of you at 1330 GMT Sunday, when we try again.
This try will be for no more than a half hour for mostt people here, because
we will be going to the LLG annual meeting at 1400GMT.  We may decide then
with whomeverr is on line whether to try one morre time later on Sunday,
after the meeting ends.  I will post here if we do so.

lojbab