excuses

Jorge to pc:
> I don't have And's proposal at hand, maybe he would like to re-post it?
> It involved markers precisely for the coordinating and subordinating
> cases, as well as for the "superordinating" case (my word for backwards
> nesting). It also had other markers that I never fully understood, but
> those three were, I think, the most interesting.

I hope it will not be too inconvenient if I delay re-presenting my
proposals until I am possessed of a little more leisure - at the
start of the academic year in late September, say. I've been too
busy to participate, but I doubt that the discussion has lacked
for clarity of mind and knowledge of logic as a result. [I'm amazed
by how much work I've got done since I stopped participating. Lojban
sort of takes over one's life without one noticing. But I'll be back.]
Anyway, I trust that when Jorge & pc have sorted things out they'll
let us know the result in a digestible form.

The point of my proposals was simply to provide a way to indicate scope
relations in afterthought, between any two quantified terms, or between a
quantified term and the start or end of a specified prenex. The actual
mechanics are less important; I'll return to them in due course, taking
into account Jorge's critique.
---
And