reference to Trobriand Islanders

Found this in of all places alt.fan.dan.quayle  (No I don't read it; it
was one of the groups we were playing withh in debugging news).

Trobriands are people who live in the Trobriand Islands off the coast of
New Guinea.  They were made famous by Branislaw Malinowski's _Argonaut's
of the Western Pacific_, possibly the first work of truly modern
anthropology.  They're usually thrown around as the epitome of the
"other" -- of a culture really, really *REALLY* different from our own.
They're just weird, really...