Re: more sources of opacity-like phenomena

And:
> And what about the scope of tenses and quantified sumti?
> My example was "I regularly read a book" - is it the same book
> or a possibly different book on each occasion?

As I understand it:

        mi di'i tcidu lo cukta
        Regularly it is the case that there is a book that I read
        (not necessarily the same one).

This is different from:

        mi di'i tcidu le cukta
        Regularly it is the case that I read the book(s) I'm talking about
        (the same one(s)).

Also you can say:

        mi tcidu lo cukta di'i[ku]
        There is a book that I read regularly
        (obviously the same one, nonspecific).

>This depends on
> whether the 'tense' [is it tahe? - I don't remember offhand]
> has scope over "lo cukta".

It does if attached to the selbri. (It can be thought as being universally
quantified over in-mind instances, just like {le}. That is why it commutes
with universally quantified things (le) but not with existentially
quantified ones (lo, and as far as I can tell, loi as well).

Jorge