Re: TEXT: pemci

> Goran:
> > >      lo ni fa le vi nanmu cu pinji
> > >      vau bancu le lakne zei linji
> > >      .i zmabra .i gohu
> > >      cu mukti .oirohu
> > >      le spepli be lo cmadesminji
> > Translation:
> > (Amount-of: the-man-here is a penis) type-of
> > exceeder of probable-line
> > . Bigger. That
>
> Maybe "trabra" might have been better.

??? "behaver-big"??? Surely you meant {raibra}? Or am I missing something?

> > motivates <sexual discomfort>
> > spouse-use of vibrator
> >
> > Comments on the language:
> > 1. The {fa} is not necessary (just a 'warning', not an 'error' - if you do C
> >    programming - like, dunno if you wanted it there, so I better warn you
 :))
> > 2. I believe you want {se pinji} in the first line...
>
> "fe"

Yep, figures... I should have seen it. Makes perfect sense.

> > 4. Your use of {linji} is metaphorical - doesn't work for boundary (sorry
> >    to ruin your rhyme) - {linji} is 1-dimensional, continuous set of points.
> > 5. I find {spepli} quite vague for a lujvo - tanru would be quite OK.
>
> Poetic licence. "Linji" would be better "korbu", if you take it as
> "beyond the bounds of probability"; or you can take it as "off the end
> of the scale of probability". As you say, it's a metaphor, & NB it was
> LE linji, not LO linji, so no solecism there, I hope. "spepli" is vague
> for a lujvo, but lojban does insist on eating up the syllables, so lujvo
> it had to be. "Cmadesminji" is too vague for a lujvo, too.

Right. It is non-veridical, but also (I believe) culturally dependent.
(I do not know if there is a culture that does not identify lines with
boundaries, but it stands to reason - there are many cultures in the
world; and I don't think metaphors of this kind, ie. not directly related
ro the semantics of the word as defined by the dictionary, should be
present in lojban text, but maybe that's just my old overpuristic me...)

Cmadesminji works for me as a lujvo. Small-tremor-gadget very succintly
and correctly defines its nature, if not its purpose.

> Thanks for your comments. Do they have limericks in Croatia?

No problem, I always enjoy reading lojban text... I would have tried
writing the comments in lojban, but figured it would be a bit of a
hassle to read...

As for limericks, no, we don't. Nice form, though... I like them when
I see them, but don't know any. And I didn't find them in any other
language besides English (I might not have searched hard enough...) :)

> And

co'o mi'e. goran.

--
Learn languages! The more langs you know, the more incomprehensible you can get
e'udoCILreleiBANgu.izo'ozo'onairoBANguteDJUnobedocubanRI'a.ailekadonaka'eSELjmi