Re: lohe, lehe & ka

And:
> Say there's a pile of papers on my left and a pile of papers on my
> right. I can't differentiate between each individual sheet of paper,
> but I can differentiate between the two piles. This is what I
> meant by distinguishing between masses. For you, we would have
> "re pisuho loi papri".

No, I never said that. "repisu'o" is a single number, two point something.
You can't easily quantify over fractions of the total mass.

> For me (i.e. what I have previously understood,
> not what I vehemently advocate), both piles of paper, are just
> "loi papri": "Mr Paper is on my left and on my right".

Both are {loi papri} for me too: Some fraction of the whole mass of paper
is on my left and some fraction is on my right.

> > > On my view, there is just one "loi broda", and there is no need
> > > for an external quantifier.
> >
> > I think that what you want for {loi broda} would be covered with
> > quantifiers by {piro loi broda}.
>
> Hmm. How would I distinguish between "every mass of my paper is on my
> left and on my right"

There is only one mass of your paper in loi terms. You may wish to
designate different masses as "my paper", but then you have to use lei.
{piro loi mi papri} is a single thing, there is only one of it, but you
may talk about its fractions.

> and "every mass of my paper is on my left
> or my right; on each side of me there is all my paper". Do we quantify
> over fractions of piroi loi mi papri?

I don't really understand the question, I hope I somehow answered some
part of it.

Jorge