Re: xruti

Excluding PEOPLE, when we say "How old is this thing?" we often mean "How
long have you had it?", which IS more-or-less agreeing with slabu.  The only
question is when we talk about age is some absolute sense, which can be
expressed as jmive temci and in a lot of other ways.  But my original
reconciliation fo the two meanings of "old" was to interpret age in years
as "long familiarity with the world/life", which could therefor be jmive-slabu.

Note that I also have "nilnalci'o" defined as a lujvo for age, and both will
show up in the E-list in the dictionary (pronbably with some clarifying
remarks in this case).

Note also that I have started using nalci'o instead of tolci'o for the
'other' gloss of "old".  "tolci'o", as a polar opposite, should not mean
merely "old", but the extreme: "ancient".

Probably the slabu based words for age will tend to fade out since others
are getting established and used.  But they HAVE seen use in Lojban text,
and I am hesitant to remove them since I am unconvinced that they are
wrong, as opposed to merely 'not the best'.

lojbab