Re: amusing story

> > I prefer to use {spusku} in the sense of "reply". I don't think
> > the x3 of spuda can be a text, but that's just me, others will have
> > no problem with it.
>
> I have no problem with it. "X1 responds to x2 with response x3". Why
> don't you think x3 can be a text?

I think spuda means "x1 responds/reacts to x2 with response/reaction x3"
where both x2 and x3 are events. Using a person in x2 or a text in x3 is
sumti raising. I still don't know when this form of sumti raising is
allowed (like in this case) and when it isn't (like with djica), so I try
to avoid it always. Since in this case it is very easy to form the lujvo
spusku "x1 replies x2 (text) to person x3 via medium x4", then I use that.

> > > Philip Delaques         |       Ecx malgranda muso,
> > > Genetics Computer Group |       Ne estas sen anuso.
> > > delaques@gcg.com        |

> >                           |       lei ji'a cmalu ratcu
> >                           |       lo kalci ca'a pratcu
>
> Very good! Did you just dream that up on the spot?

I started with ratcu and tcu and looked for some a-ending rafsi that made
some sense, and kalci was the logical consequence from anuso :)

> I got my little couplet
> from an issue of Monato several years ago. I look forward to being able
> to write verse in Lojban. Seems to me it'd be easier to find interesting
> rhymes than in Esperanto. (Emphasis on the -o ! )

I don't know, I think it's hard in both languages, but I don't want to
discourage you, do write some Lojban verse!

Jorge