Re: newsgroup rather than mailing list - solution

>On Mon, 1 Aug 1994, Klaus Birken wrote:
>
>> wouldn't it be reasonable to create a new network newsgroup
>> concerning lojban? (or is there such a forum already?)
>>
>> as the group of lojbanists gets bigger and bigger,
>> the discussions in the mailing list seem to flood
>> private mailboxes (at least my own one).
>
>Others will probably weigh in with why a mailing list is preferable, but
>here is a solution to your problem: there is a program called procmail
>that intercepts incoming messages from mailing list and puts them in
>separate folders.

This only works on Unix systems; it will not work with cc:Mail on Windows
or Mac, or with any other PC-based system.  It also will not work with
an Internet provider such as Delphi unless your home system happens to
run a Unix variant.  Sorry; not a very effective solution.

Carl Burke
cburke@mitre.org