The Fifty United States, etc.

la djan. cusku di'e

>Date:         Mon, 1 Aug 1994 11:05:26 -0400
>From: Logical Language Group <lojbab%ACCESS.DIGEX.NET@CUVMB.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU>

>la mark. clsn. cusku di'e

>> >                  sautdykotas.
>>
>> This isn't it, but is "td" *really* a legal medial?

>No, of course not.

Whew.  I was worried I'd really lost it.  But a thought occurred to me: why
are we transliterating "th" as "t"?  Honestly, "f" sounds lots closer to my
ear.  Ask any 3-year-old who's still working on English phonology, and
you'll hear stuff like "norf" and "souf".  Ditto with "v" for the voiced
th.  Has this been considered any?  Just a thought.

>--
>John Cowan              sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
>          e'osai ko sarji la lojban.

~mark