Re: Lojbanized German place names

I would prefer that Lojbanization avoid 'y'/schwa if "it can go either way",
and respect spelling.  For one thing, schwa is forbidden in fu'ivla,
and it is natural whether And Rosta's position is adopted or not, to want to
sometimes turn a Lojbanized name into a fu'ivla, and you don;t want the
differeing morphology rules to cause too much havoc.

But in any case, respecting spelling when there is doubt seems to be the
obvious choice, since it enhances the visual reinforcement/recognition that
will make a particular Lojbanization "catch on" in case there is dispute
among the dialectal factions.  (It also means us numbskulls who don't know
the languages in question very well will be less often in error when we
invent names off-the-cuff.

lojbab