Re: To be or not to be? Coffee or tea?

la xorxes. cusku di'e

> la lojbab cusku di'e
>
> > I vaguely suspect that this argument is along the lines of the old
> > "John seeks a bicycle or a fish", where the question of intensionality
> > comes into play.  Cowan wrote at length on that issue a long time ago and
> > I think we have it covered.
>
> Where could I find that? (John's writing, not a bicycle or a fish :)

You can't, for the very good reason that what I wrote went to sci.lang, and
further more was very bogus.  One Fine Day I will rewrite this stuff.
Suffice it to say that I >don't< think we have the semantics of "sisku"
covered at all, and after reading the relevant passage in Montague (courtesy
Colin, I think), it's very clear that they are very complicated semantics.

[problem with ".a" deleted -- I'll cover this in another post, I hope.]

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.