Re: ga'i[nai], ke'u[nai], va'i[nai]

Hu'tegh! nuq ja' Logical Language Group jay'?

=.o'o vs, .o'onai change is sufficiently affecting of existing usage that it
=will take substantial agreement from the community to reverse these.  But if
=people speak up, and someone is willing to check all texts up on the ftp site
=(at minimum), Nora and I can agree to the change based on John's argument
=that anger is a fundamental emotion.  So speak up, people!!

It's true about anger; but it's also true that most of the UI scales are
aligned along clear positive/negative lines. Then again, .ii is an exception,
and it makes sense for .o'o to be too. Then third, this is riding roughly
over a very old part of our language. Then fourth, we've ridden harder over
just about every other feature in the language. As an aggregate result, I
don't care either way.

="ke'u" has a strong metaphor in "krefu" and hence should not change
=I think "va'i" (clue-word valsi) is less aligned, and could change without
=too much confusion, but again, someone needs to check for usage in published
=text.  Unlike ".o'onai", I think such usage is minimal, and Nora and I will
=more readily agree with a milder consensus.

I'll go with this: "in other words" is a more frequent thing to say, anyway.

=Likewise, with ga'i, and ga'inai, where there has been little real usage.

We've had a confusing discussion out of all this, but I suspect the consensus
is to keep it as is.

--
Nick Nicholas. Linguistics, University of Melbourne.   nsn@krang.vis.mu.oz.au
        nsn@mundil.cs.mu.oz.au      nick_nicholas@muwayf.unimelb.edu.au