Re: ga'i[nai], ke'u[nai], va'i[nai]

la lojbab cusku di'e

> To me , ke'u is used at the discourse level to say:  what I am about to say
> is intended to have the same implication as what I said previously.  I am
> repeating the point.
[...]
>  va'i specifically says that I am trying to put the exact same point
> acorss but to express/argue it differently.

So, ke'u and va'i mean essentially the same thing.

> Oops - got the two backwards.  va'i currently is in the same worda and
> va'inai in otehr words.  Clearly I don;t see much problem with what order
> they occur in.

The cmavo list I have says {va'i} means "in other words", which seems the
most useful one.

I see the scales (with va'i meaning "in other words") to be like this:

        va'inai         va'i
                        ke'u            ke'unai

        same words      other words
                        same point      other point

I don't think it makes sense to say one is reversed wrt to the other,
because the scales are not parallel.

I don't see any significant difference between {ke'u} and {va'i}, or
whichever means "in other words".

> Have I confused the issue a bit more???

Certainly. I hope I contributed my bit too. :)

> lojbab

Jorge