Re: To be or not to be? Coffee or tea?

la djan spusku di'e mi

> >         do djica tu'a loi ckafi ji loi tcati
> >
> > Now, suppose I want to respond "either". If I say {.a}, I'm only
> > saying that I want at least one of them, but I'm not saying which.
> > How do I say that I want either? I would say {du'ibo}, but that's
> > not grammatical yet.
>
> I don't understand the distinction you are making here.  If you wish to
> avoid the possibility of getting both, use ".onai".

No, that was not my point. If I want coffee, and I respond {.a}, I'm
telling the truth, even if I don't want tea. How is the one making the
question supposed to understand that I really don't have a preference
of one over the other?  "I want either" is true. "I want coffee or
I want tea" is not what I mean, because neither of the two possibilities
is strictly true.

        * mi djica tu'a loi ckafi du'ibo loi tcati

Jorge