Re: Problem perhaps

la matius cusku di'e (to sepa'u lo sivni se mrilu be fi mi toi)

> .ili'a ledo notci mi talsa  .imu'ibo mi roroi djica lenu mi spuda lo'i
> notci bau lo'iri bangu

> A couple of points for discussion here:
>
> 1.  {talsa} is explicitly given as needing a person as x1, with suggestions
>     for other gismu if x1 is a situation or what-have-you.  Can you see any
>     reason for this?  Is regarding an inanimate object as actively
>     presenting a challenge a result of malglico?  Or is it just acceptable
>     metaphorical use of the language?

I find it acceptable, but I don't know what is the official position. I think
the gismu list is a bit inconsistent in this regard, because for some places
it allows object/person/event, and for others it is much more strict, but I
don't see any rule being followed.

> 2.  The second sentence is attempting to say that I want to reply to all
>     messages in the language in which they were written; I'm not sure that
>     what I've written achieves that... Have you got any better ideas?

I don't think the x2 of spuda can be a set. Now, I think that

        mi spuda ro notci bau le ri bangu

means that I reply to each message in its language (if the x2 of spuda can
be an object). If it means that I reply in the language of all of them,
then I don't understand what {ro} means. Perhaps someone could clarify?

> Feel free to pass this on to the list if you think that the discussion is
> worthwhile!

Ok.

> Matthew

Jorge