Re: drata preti

A screw (and its related structures like gears) has teeth/threads on a
wheel/axle structure.  x3 is supposed to talk about the former, x4 about the
latter.  When talking about screws, for example, one might talk about
10 threads per inch (x3) and the screw is 3 inches long and 1/4 inch in
diameter with a Phillip's head (x4).

The bootom line is that I tried to group an inderminate number of properties
of the two major components of a screw, into 2 places corresponding to the
two components.  This came about during a short phase when I was expanding
places of all tools/machines/apparatuses tomake clear in the place structure
the nature of the classification (remember the distinction between too and
apparatus isbetween 'form determines/constrains function' and function
determines/constrains form.  A tool is a pre-existing form used for a useful
function; and apparatus has a function, which someone designs a form to
implement.  This emphasis on form and function meant that we needed to have
form represented in the place structure, since function usually was already
there.  This led to a lot of added places, whereupon I suddenly regained my
sanity, and eliminated the places where I thought they might be unnecessary.

No one until now has questioned the result (maybe no one looked at it - one
reason I kept on asking people to review the list).

Hope this clears something up.

lojbab