A question about nothing.

The question about "This statement is false" reminded me of another
interesting logic puzzle trick:

Prove that a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

1)  Nothing is better than eternal happiness.

2)  But, a ham sandwich is better than nothing.

3) If A is better than B and B is better than C then A is better than C.
QED.

The trick seems to be that the word "nothing" is used in two different ways
in the first and second parts of the argument.  Since Lojban is less
ambiguous does it have two different words for these two meanings of
"nothing"?

Richard Schroeder
hedgehog@scripps.edu

The opinions expressed are my own and not those of TSRI or its funding
agencies.